Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polar Panoramas



Right here we have my two Polar Panoramas. The process to make these is similar to the Spherical Panoramas, but not exactly the same.  The process to make these Polar Panoramas stared with us having to take 10-15 pictures in a 360 degree rotation. Each photo had to have an overlap on the photo before. We then had the photos uploaded to our computers. When we were all ready we took the pictures into Adobe Bridge and edited them. We wanted the pictures to look vibrant and eye catching. 

Next, in Photoshop we used to photo merge to put the pictures together and make it look more like a panorama. When the panorama was made we then took it and squished it together into a square shape. After that, we turned the picture 180 degrees so it was upside down. We then used polar coordinates so that the pictures was made into this circular shape. We then used the elliptical marquee tool to make a circle around our masterpiece and used feather and contrast to make the edges look like they were kind of fading away.

In my first Polar Panorama I have a picture of me. To make this picture first I had someone stand on a chair and take a picture of me from above. You do not have to use a chair, as long as it is tall enough for the picture to look like it was taken from above you. When taking these pictures, the person taking the picture had to make sure they got my whole body in the picture so that it wouldn't look weird when I cut my body out of the picture. To cut my body out of the picture, I used the Quick Selection Tool on Photoshop. I was very careful to not make myself look unrealistic. When I was finished cutting my self out, I dragged myself into my Polar Panorama. I then made a copy of the picture of myself and made it all black to make a shadow. My shadow was then edited to make it look realistic. 
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment