Monday, April 7, 2014

Words of Wisdom



One of my G.T. class' latest projects was called "Elder's Words of Wisdom" where we had to find an elder person to interview and give us good words of wisdom to help out the viewers of the video. We chose to interview my teammate, Nahele Keale's, grandfather, Michael Keale. The main idea of the video was "Grandpa Michael Spread Aloha Through Music." In case you didn't know "Aloha" means love in Hawaiian. To make this video the best that it could be, my teammates and I had to make sure that we took a lot of b-roll to work with and make sure that our voice-overs helped to send messages through the video. The first time my team and I met up to take b-roll and do the interview we did not get to take enough b-roll. Although we didn't get to take enough b-roll for our video the first time we got another chance to meet up and take more and then we got enough b-roll to make our video a success. One thing that I really liked about this project was that we got really great new cameras. They were DSLR cameras that I really loved that you could use the manual focus and I loved working with them.

When we finally got all of our b-roll and recorded all of our b-roll, we got to start editing. While editing my team and I still had some problems getting along and having the same ideas on some parts of the video. We sorted it out enough to get the video done, but I know that if we could just maybe get along better, the video could have been ten times better. I'm not saying that I didn't love the way it turned out. I honestly loved how it came out but I just know that we could have done better. Editing this took some work. We had to cut out all of the parts that the interviewer spoke and put b-roll over those parts to hide the cuts in the video and make the quality of the video better.

Michael Keale and our team think that our words of wisdom are important because some people just think of music as guitars and singing to a rhythm. We wanted to show everyone that messages and stories can be told through music, songs and singing. We wanted to show that Michael Keale spreads love through his music and love to o what he does to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment