Friday, November 7, 2014

My Visual Poem



Today's blog post is going to be about my G.T. class' latest project. It was called a visual poem. I decided to make my poem about world travel. The title is "Travel" and I'm guessing you know why. As you can see, in my visual poem tried my best to make sure that the footage that was showing would match what I was saying. Living in Hawaii it's kind of hard to find places that wold match other parts in the world. Although I had to go to lots of places to take the videos, I would say that the visuals impact by actually showing you what I would be doing in different parts in the world.

I didn't really add special effects to the video. Although I didn't add the effects (like I was supposed to), I would say that what I have affects the overall meaning, mood and audience just because in almost all of my shots I showed things that I had to wait for. It's just that in my mind, I feel like the shots show that traveling takes time and patience. I had to have patience and time to catch the shot of the airplane coming in. I had to have time and patience to get footage of the airport. My mom had to drive us around the sign twice just to get a good shot of the airport sign.


I would say that I am not as satisfied with my results as I would like to be. I really wish that I had started working on taking the videos earlier. I was procrastinating, as always, and I didn't sign out a camera as soon as I should have. I should have worked harder on getting a camera earlier and getting more footage.

24 comments:

  1. Compliment:Awesome B-roll
    Criticism:Could here wind throughout
    Compliment:Good rhyming lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifuly written poem.
    The mic was a little too close to your face.
    The shots were very creative and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poems audio was really good!
    Some of your video clips are there for just the slightest bit too long.
    Other than that your poetry was great and so was your audio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great b roll
    you should put some words
    great sound and rhymes

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job at the airport
    great job on the chinese dools
    great job on the voice over

    ReplyDelete
  6. good lyrics
    needs back ground sounds
    good visuals

    ReplyDelete
  7. The b-roll fit the a-roll near perfectly, if not perfectly
    The audio when driving to Lihue Airport was loud,
    I liked the actual words in the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great applicable b-roll.go slower take time to read. great meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice audio
    good pictures
    nice voice over

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you visual poem
    lower the audio a little
    great shots

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great b-roll. could put text layovers and more effects. You read your poem really good and i like how it rhymed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice poem! Really nice Poem!
    The voice over was a little choppy.
    I liked the part with Japan :].
    Did you go on a trip?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your b-roll and how it wasn't taken here on kauai.
    You could have evened the audio.
    I like how your poems words were really deep and the b-roll matched the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love. Your. Poem! The background noise was a little distracting/loud but I loved your b-roll! So perf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well written poem
    A bit loud
    Very good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful and good B-Roll.
    When you were in the car looking at the Lihue Airport sign the audio wasn't turned down.
    The poem was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Compliment: I really liked your poem.
    Criticism: I think you should've evened out your audio and the B-Roll didn't match all the time
    Compliment: The Other B-Roll was really creative and cool

    ReplyDelete
  18. Compliments:The other b-roll was pretty good though
    Criticism:Some b-roll didn't match with your poem
    Compliments:I like the purpose of your poem

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked the first shot of the lighthouse. I think when you are talking about Australia you could have found a way to make it so we weren't staring at the same shot of the map the whole time. Your poem was really creative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the b-roll of the plane coming in.
    There was a really dark shot and not much effects.
    The interesting angles were phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots!!
    Sometimes your audio is not very clear and it was little loud and you need music
    Good job over all

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your poem and the idea of traveling. When you said you would travel to Paris you could have shown the Eiffel tower. But your poem was very creative love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Visuals were great
    No comment it was great
    Lyrics were good.Nice use of ryhme.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the B-roll, its cool how you have the B-Roll of the snow
    You could've balanced your audio a bit
    I like how your poem has lots of meaning to it.

    ReplyDelete