Monday, September 21, 2015

Comedy Writing

For this project in G.T. we're doing a comedy based project. We're going to focus on the humor in certain situations. A sense of humor is a very important character trait if you want to people to be comfortable around you. A sense of humor can make someone an easier person to talk to. A sense of humor can reduce stress and worry. It catches people's interest and tells them that the person can look on the better side of things.

There are many things that make a good humorous narrative. First, you have to see that your narrative is not a topic that can offend or upset the audience. Look who you're telling the narrative to and try avoiding the more controversial topics. Also, timing is key. When telling a joke or humorous narrative the timing can't make the listeners feel that you told the joke too fast or waited to long to deliver the punchline. Keep an eye on that. Another tip is to be confident when telling the joke. It always makes the audience feel good to see a confident person telling the the joke. Before delivering the joke, be sure to practice it. Memorizing the joke before telling it always helps. It shows that you are prepared and may even sound better. Last, but not least, when writing a humorous narrative it is good to make it about something that you are educated on. Knowing about the subject of the joke can help you a lot while writing it.

My comedic monologue describes the struggle that I have with my hair. Like a lot of other people my hair is very hard to deal with at times and that is what the comedic monologue is all about.  I give descriptions and scenarios that include my hair and how I deal with it. I feel that my comedic monologue is funny mostly because it is relatable. There are many different hair types and most can hard to deal with at times. If there are others with the same hair type as me (and I'm sure there are) they will probably agree with me on most of what is in the monologue. Another thing that makes my comedic monologue funny is that I sometimes compare my hair to certain things. I am working on the visuals for the monologue so hopefully it turns out good and even makes just a few people laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment