Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Humorous Monologue



For the past couple weeks I've been working on a humorous monologue. This was one of the easier projects, but I always learn something in G.T. During this project I learned that there are many things to remember when coming up with your own joke. You have to remember timing, consider your audience, practice delivering the joke, and even add gestures. My favorite tip when writing jokes is to consider your audience & avoid the more controversial topics. I love this tip because it is one of the more important ones. When your telling a joke to a certain group of people they will laugh more at a certain topic and may not find others funny at all. It really counts when you deliver your joke and the audience laughs because they can relate to the topic or scenario.

When filming and editing videos it is very important to add padding. Padding the few seconds of silence before anything happens in a video. With an extra 5 seconds in the beginning and the end editing can be a lot easier. This way there is a few seconds to fall back on when editing and the talking or video does not get cut off in the beginning or end. Padding is a great strategy to remember when filming and could possibly save your video.

When you are make a video there is always something that you could improve on, whether big or small. In this project my weakness would have to be my lack of b-roll. One of the requirements for this project was to have 10 b-roll shots and I only had 6. My greatest strength would have to be the audio/voice-over because I was clear and the music wasn't so loud that you couldn't hear me, but it was loud enough that you could hear it behind my voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment