Friday, January 29, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

School Photomontage of my Friend, Emma

Our latest project in G.T. is photomontages, similar to the the well known ones by David Hockney. He has his own techniques that make his photos great, but I also have my own techniques. My photomontages are pretty different from Hockney's. His photomontages have a certain style that make a lot of them look like paintings, where mine look more realistic. He definitely takes more pictures than me. When he puts them together, it does make his photos look bigger.

There are a lot of different types of emotions that can be attached to art. Most of the time, images can send out positive messages. It can show the viewer an obviously happy situation, or even a more complex situation with a subliminal message. But there can also be negative messages attached to images, which can be sent out in the same ways as positive messages. Then again, a message attached to an images can always be based on entirely how the viewer sees it.

Final Photomontage of an Orchid
While finding subjects for my final photomontage, I had to keep in mind what the viewers would think and what message I wanted to send out to them. While taking my pictures I was thinking about how there's just this one beautiful orchid as the focal point. And it got me to thinking about how much it can make people think. When people see a single flower in a photo, they can stare at it in awe. Just like one person can make a bigger impact. One person can make a bigger difference in the world. It may not be the clearest message, but it's there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment