Friday, January 30, 2015

HDR Photography


Hello. For this project in GT we are doing a little something called HDR photography. First, let's talk about the meaning of "HDR photography." HDR photography is the act of taking several different pictures with different exposure settings to put together into one photo so that you can see everything in the photo. From the sun to the trees. The HDR in HDR photography stands for high-dynamic-range, and that's kind of self explanatory. I myself really like the idea of HDR photography. It's a really cool way to get everything in the picture clearly.
In order to make an HDR image, the first thing that you have to do is find something that you want to take a picture of. When finding something to take a picture of the first thing I recommend you look for is a subject that is almost, or is, completely still. You then have to take seven separate pictures with the exposure changed in each one. The different exposure levels that you use for the pictures are either -3 to +3. Be sure that when you are doing this to make sure that you are not moving the camera, because all of the pictures have to be in the exact same place. When you have all of your pictures together, then you have to get the set of pictures that you think are the best and get them on your computer. You will open Photoshop and go to File > Automate > Merge to HDR. From there you will press "Browse" and select your pictures. Before you press okay you have to make sure that the little box in the corner is checked. Next to the box it should say "Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images." It may take a while to load because program is trying to align all of the pictures as great as possible. When it is done you can edit the picture as you like so it is to your liking. When you are done press okay and you have your masterpiece.

While I was taking the sets of pictures for my two HDR pictures I really had a good feeling about them. It was kind of hard to do the experiment because I kept accidentally moving the camera too much while changing the exposure, but other than that the whole project went really well. I do think that this was a fun school project and it's definitely something that I can do on my free time outside of school. 

24 comments:

  1. It looks like your portrait has no movement, and no ghosties! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice rule of third, nice background, and your picture is not really surreal

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool photos
    no rule of thirds
    no ghosts! good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compliment:No ghosts at all! Nice!
    Criticism: Not so surreal
    Compliment: Nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice rule of third, nice background, and your picture is not really surreal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background, the sky looks awesome.
    You may have wanted to make it more surreal.
    I like how you bended your text it makes it look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background photo you used.
    You should have made it more surreal.
    I like how the image works all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is really good.
    It kinda looks.... fake.
    The text is well kerned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the text matches with the picture.
    not really surreal
    good rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how surreal the background looks.
    You could've made your model more surreal.
    I love the way you put the text and where you put it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background image!
    You could've made it more surreal.
    I like how he looks so serious. :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice landscape.
    Not surreal and it's really dark.
    He's nicely cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great background image!
    Could have been lighter.
    The text is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice backround
    have more surreal
    like how it has no ghost

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the landscape photo you used! It could've been maybe a tad more surreal. Great cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Compliment: Great background
    Improvement: Make it more surreal
    Compliment:Amazing rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your experiment photo and how he's in his uniform!
    One thing that could be better is to make your photo more surrealistic.
    I also like your text that you used, I think it matched!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your landscape, it's a really good shot!
    You could've made it a little more surreal.
    I like how you kerned your text!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good job
    Looks more true to life than surreal
    nice pic

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the text!
    The rule of thirds could've been improved
    I like the overall results!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like how you added the arch to the text, the photo is a little dark, I like where you put the dude

    ReplyDelete